I love putu halba

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love putu halba

Does anyone know about putu halba ubi kayu? I love putu halba more than putu it hot,especially on rainy day or flood season.Can't get enough of it.It's addictive.

Originally posted by johnsilva View Post
    Does anyone know about putu halba ubi kayu? I love putu halba more than putu it hot,especially on rainy day or flood season.Can't get enough of it.It's addictive.
    We'll keep an eye out for it Suryafara bracke, sounds really good! hope you enjoyed this one! Cheers

Comment

I've never heard of it! Is it some kind of food?

Comment

What is that? Is it tasty?

Comment

Originally posted by TMitevska View Post
          What is that? Is it tasty?
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKqowyzYkY

Comment

I have no idea what it is?!

Comment

Originally posted by meldrumsonthemove View Post
              I have no idea what it is?!
              Made by slowly adding water to ground rice until the correct texture is achieved, then spiced and steamed with layers of grated coconut, putu is generally cooked in a metal putu kutti vessel with two sections. The lower section holds water and the upper section holds the putu. The rice mixture with grated coconut is inserted into the upper section. Perforated lids separate the sections to allow the steam to pass between them.

Comment

Sounds delicious

Comment

Looks yum! I haven't tried it though

Comment

I think we can use the Indian putu recipe for the flour. Really similar. This video does not give a recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ammyweng View Post
                      I think we can use the Indian putu recipe for the flour. Really similar. This video does not give a recipe.
                      but it's hard to get the steamer here and your recipe is a godsend as it is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by honor View Post

but it's hard to get the steamer here and your recipe is a godsend as it is easier.
                        As for the steamer, you can just use any saucepan or pot. Place a small rack or a small bowl, then put a plate on top. Cover the lid with a piece of cloth, to prevent the water from dripping into the Putu

Comment

Working...
                        X