Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Sabah, there is a place where orphaned apes are rehabilitated before being released into the wild. Where is it located?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Sabah, there is a place where orphaned apes are rehabilitated before being released into the wild. Where is it located?

The Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre trains orphaned orangutans to survive in the wild. The centre has sparked increasing awareness about conservation and protection laws for endangered species, both locally and internationally.

Sorry I am unsure of the answer but I would like to visit here. Waiting to hear more about it

Comment

Wow that's really great. I'm passionate about animals myself, so that's a really cool thing they're doing.

Comment

I did a little research on this topic. Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre is situated in the State of Sabah in Northern Borneo and sits on the edge of the Kabili forest reserve. It was set up by an Englishwoman called Barbara Harrison in 1964 and was the first centre in the world to dedicate itself to the rehabilitation of orphaned orangutans.

Comment

Originally posted by TMitevska View Post
          I did a little research on this topic. Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre is situated in the State of Sabah in Northern Borneo and sits on the edge of the Kabili forest reserve. It was set up by an Englishwoman called Barbara Harrison in 1964 and was the first centre in the world to dedicate itself to the rehabilitation of orphaned orangutans.
          Wow that's very commendable. Animal conservation efforts are always very important.

Comment

Been there last year, its in sandakan, just around 30min drive from the town centre ... Admission fees : Malaysian RM5, Non-Malaysian RM30 ... Other than Orang Utan, there also have the Sun Bear ... It's really fun and suitable for kids also.

Comment

Working...
            X